On Wednesday 2nd December 2020, the Governor of Abia State, Okezie Victor Ikpeazu PhD inaugurated the Visitation Panel to Abia State University under the Chairmanship of J.U.K. Igwe (Senior Advocate of Nigeria).
The terms of reference of the Panel are:
- To review activities of the University from 2011-2020.
- To review the academic programme with a view to ascertaining the relevance and whether or not they are current and in line with the 21st century demands on Education.
- Review guidance for admission and implementation.
- Review financial transactions for the period 2011-2020.
- To look into adequacy of staffing both academic and otherwise.
- Consider the state of infrastructure facilities in the Institution.
- Review the Administrative Policies in terms of Staff Welfare, Promotion etc.
- Consider staff development in terms of Training and Research.
- Review quality and qualification of academic staff, whether it meets NUC requirements.
- To make necessary recommendations on any other matter incidental thereto or consider relevant to the growth of the University.
The Panel hereby calls for submissions of Memoranda from critical stakeholders and the public (internal and external). These submissions will enable the Panel swiftly and judiciously address the issues raised in the Terms of Reference and make other veritable recommendations as appropriate.
Memoranda which shall be produced in eight (8) hard copies and one soft copy should reach the Secretariat (Visitation Panel to Abia State University), Office of the Permanent Secretary, Bureau of Establishment and Pensions, Office of the Head of Service, Umuahia on or before the close of work on Friday 9th April, 2021. The Panel shall also hold public sittings to enhance oral presentations for those wishing to do so on a date to be announced later.
IHEDIOHA OKEY ONUOHA
Permanent Secretary/Secretary to the Panel.