According to the canonical gospels, Jesus was arrested and tried by the Sanhedrin, and then sentenced by Pontius Pilate to be scourged, and finally crucified by the Romans for his array of Offences.
Let me take a pulse to ask; what were his offences?
The savior was accused and found guilty of various offenses, including but not limited to the healing of the sick on the Sabbath, threatening to destroy the Jewish Temple and rebuilding it in three days, practicing sorcery, exorcising people by the power of demons, teaching his people the truth and showing them the way to life eternal and claiming to be the Messiah. That’s unbelievable, isn’t it? It is. But that’s the byproduct of ignorance, animosity and hate.
However, the above illustration is not too different from the sinister and unwarranted attacks the Uko Nkole detractors and haters are hurling at him.
Unlike the savior, there’s no Pontius Pilate to deliver him to, but the whole idea is simply to cause distractions and get him deviated from the ideals he has over the years pursued and known for– leaving footprints wherever he goes.
What exactly are his offences before his haters for embarking on such defamation and calumny against a man of international repute, widely known, described and ascribed as Mr. Project?
His detractors provided over 20 count charges against the cerebral law maker bordering on performance and Excellence as listed below;
*1. For embarking on water projects in Ndi Okereke Abam*
2. *At Ibina Ohafia, Amuvi in Arochukwu*
3. *Umuozomgbo in Ihechiowa and in other locations in his constituency*.
4. *That he rehabilitated the Anyim bridge linking Abia to Akwaibom State*
5. *Afagala bridge*
6. *Abam Bailey Bridge*
7. *And the attraction and construction of Arochukwu/ Ohafia bridge among others*
8. *Provision of roof over the head of several widows at Mbaga in Ebem Ohafia and several other places within and beyond his constituency*.
9. *Sponsored several bills and moved several motions*
10. *Attraction of transformers and restored electricity to villages under his constituency which hitherto were in darkness*.
11. *Distribution of about 100 vehicles and Over 500 motorcycles to help improve commerce and empower his constituents*
12 *Sponsorship of skill acquisitions for youths and women*
13. *His promise and fulfillment of the Installments/ reinstatement of the failed portions of Umuahia Bende Ozu Abam Ohafia Road*
14. *The attraction for the repairs of the Nmuri Bridge*
15. *His facilitation for the Repairs of the Bailey bridge, alongside the new bridge under construction*
16. *The Ndiebe Abam bridge*
17. *Empowerment of school children with modern educational instructional materials to bridge the gap between the rural and urban center*
18. *Facilitation /Inititiation of new non existing projects and upgrade of colonial infrastructure to modernization*.
19. *Ndi Okorie ABAM water scheme*.
20. *Reactivation of the moribund Akanu water scheme at Akanu ohafia*.
21. *School rehabilitation at UTUTU Nkporo etc*
22. *Ongoing construction of the Amuvi Ututu Ikot Okpora Road*
23. *provision of federal civil service employment opportunities to over 150 unemployed graduates in his constituency*
The list is endless but meaningless and senseless, characterized by greed and envy.
According to Anthony Liccione, “Expect while reaching for the stars, people to whirl by with their dark clouds and Storm upon you”.
It is a well known fact that those who hate you because of a mere jealousy over your success and achievements only end up hurting themselves. This is because you carry an image of who they wish they had become.
Unarguably, the member representing Arochukwu/ Ohafia federal constituency, Rt. Hon Uko Nkole has performed creditably well, contrary to the expectations of his haters and political antagonists, yet he is not moved an inch by their antics, but has seen it as a tonic to accomplish and achieve more for his electorates. Afterall, as Tavi Garvinson puts it, ” I think that everybody wants to be heard, and the easiest way to be the loudest is to be the hater”.
For all I know, “Mr. Project” is unwavering, unflinching, uncompromising and tenacious in his resolve to bring to members of his constituents the dividends of democracy, as not even the Howling noise from the insignificant few can stop it, why, because Mr. Project is at home with the fact that the primary aim of every detractor is to cause an artificial and avoidable distraction. That’s all.
If his achievements listed above by his detractors constitutes sin and crime, Rt. Hon. Uko Nkole won’t have any apologies to make, but to continue in committing such offences.