… Empowers farmers with Fertilisers, Wrappers and Cash amidst great jubilation
The member Representing Ohafia North state constituency at the Abia State House of Assembly, Hon. Mandela Egwuronu Obasi has rendered account of his representation at the State Assembly to his constituents in an event marking his 6th year anniversary at the State House of Assembly.
The house member used the opportunity to distribute bags of Fertiliser to the constituents directly, wrappers and cash to support their farming activities this year so as to guarantee bountiful harvest.
Addressing the people, Chief Mandela highlighted some of his achievements to the people to include,
* Building of High Court at Nkporo
* Maintainqnce and Asphalting of some failed portion of Ugwu court road.
* Building of a Recreation centre at Abiriba
* Building of Parameter fence with gate around Abiriba Police Station.
* Ndi Okoronta water project Abiriba
* Ndi Ama water project Abiriba
* Umuechukwu water project Abiriba
* Ndi Ajah water project Abiriba.
Empowerment Items that includes:
* 30 motor bikes
* 2 mini buses
* Two Sienna cars
* 20 Deep Freezers
* 20 Hair dryers
* Vulcanizing machines
* Motorized Corn grinding machines.
* Improved cassava stem and corn seedlings
* Attracting and Building of Four classroom block at Ameke Community Primary school Abiriba.
* Distribution of relief materials during the Covid-19 lockdown period
* Reroofing of the ACIU Hall at Abiriba
* Educational support to indigent constituents
* Support to security architecture in the community through the Eze in council amongst other legislative achievements at House.
He used the opportunity call on other lawmakers to at all times report back to the people who has sent them to represent them as that is the true meaning of representation. Chief Mandela used the opportunity to thank the Governor of the state, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu and his Deputy, Rt Hon. Sir Ude Oko Chukwu, for thei gains stride in Infrastructural and human capacity development in Abia and above all for the cordial Executive and legislative relationship that exists in the state which he described as the reason for the massive development of the state.
“I want to thank the Governor and his Deputy for their wonderful work in the state and most especially for the cordial relationship between the Executive and the legislative arm of this government which is the reason for the development we are seing and thos little am doing for my people”
Speaking at the occasion, the Honourable Commissioner for Information, Chief John Okiyi Kalu, lauded the Lawmaker for his various interventions which helped to restore and maintain peace in Ohafia North during the restive period and for his numerous people oriented projects in the various communities. He assured him of the continued cordial relationship between the legislative and Executive arm of the state while thanking them for the role in the development of the state.
The Chairman of Ohafia LGA, Dr Okorafor Ukiwe who spoke through his Chiefbof Staff, Hon. Dimgba Ejieke commended the lawmaker for his kind gesture in making fertiliser available for free to the farmers and all his various contributions to the development of the local government. He assured him of the continued support of the council in his activities.
Responding on behalf of the constituents, an Octogenarian, Mrs Ure Ote described Hon Mandela as a worthy son and representative who has been playing the role of a father to many children and a husband to many widows by constantly paying school fees, providing food and financial support to them and buying them wrapper as a husband will do to his wife.
She prayed for long life and God’s protection for the lawmaker
The event attracted the presence of Government officials, Appointees of the Governor, Ndi Eze from the various communities, Party stakeholders and various community leaders from Ohafia North.