1. I, Hon. Barr Orji Uchenna Orji on behalf of my wife, management and staff of the Ministry of Information and State Orientation warmly felicitate with an icon of democratic leadership in Nigeria, His Excellency, Engr. (Chief) David Nweze Umahi FNSE FNATE (Akubaraoha) Governor of Ebonyi State and Chairman, South East Governors Forum on this auspicious occasion of the 22nd anniversary of Nigeria’s unbroken democracy.
2. Your Excellency, we are highly enthused to associate with your God-fearing administration and the myriads of dividends of democracy celebrated in Ebonyi State since you came on board. We are proud of you anytime anywhere for being a divine instrument for the actualization of the dreams and aspirations of the founding fathers of Ebonyi State. Although we are badly confronted with security challenges, we must not fail to reflect on Ebonyi before and Ebonyi today. We have every reason to thank God for giving us the best among equals at this point in our history.
3. Today, we celebrate a state with the best and most solid road network in South East; we celebrate a state with the highest number of flyovers after Abuja and Lagos with innovative architectural designs of world standard, built by indigenous professionals; we celebrate Africa’s biggest light tunnel, Shopping Mall fashioned after the Dubai Mall, Christian Ecumenical Centre, the King David University of Medical Sciences under construction; we celebrate the fastest emerging economy in Nigeria; we celebrate a state with formidable economic facilities some of which are under construction, including the 80-metric tonne per hour fertilizer blending plant, International Airport, International Market, 200-metric tonne capacity per day Pulverization Plant, 32-metric tonne capacity per hour Rice Milling Plants and 38-metric tonne capacity per hour Parboiling Plants owned by the government, the ultra modern Stadium for sports development, the Vocational College and King David Gifted Academy for the development of human capital, the School of Nursing/Midwifery, the Virology Centre for the treatment of Lassa fever (biggest in south East), the Hospital Accident/Emergency Complex and numerous other primary, Secondary and tertiary health care facilities.
4. Within the shortest record of time, you conceptualized and completed the construction of Nigeria’s most beautiful three-armed Government House with classic Executive Council Chambers and other ancillary facilities; you overhauled the metropolitan city and satellite towns and created wonderful roundabouts, esthetic dualization of the major highways, and creative water fountains, including Africa’s biggest water fountain, all of which are capable of attracting creative and entertainment industry. You created enabling environment with sound security architecture and other social amenities for security agencies, 12-hour street light in virtually all the streets in the metropolis, satellite towns and at least, 20-kilometer street lights in all the Local Government Areas and wonderful traffic light in the major junctions of the state.
5. You raised the human capital index of the State by your numerous empowerment prgrammes, including the women and Youths empowerment, widow empowerment, Street to Skill Empowerment, Diaspora Empowerment , Tricycle Empowerment, Wives of Security Personnel Empowerment, Sienna Empowerment, Horticulture empowerment, Agriculture Empowerment, Skill Acquisition for the youths/women, CBN Empowerment, Civil Servants empowerment, #ENDSARS Empowerment, Second Address Scheme and numerous Family Soccuor and Upliftment Empowerment programmes of the compassionate mother of Ebonyi State, your dear wife, Her Excellency, (Chief) Mrs. Rachel Ogonna Umahi (Ogoo Nwanyi)
6. Today, we are confident in ourselves as you have given us the face and freedom to compete corporately and individually with our contemporaries in the comity of states. You have changed our narrative as a people. All over the country, Ebonyi state is reckoned with as a model of good governance and a reference point in the compassionate delivery of transparent and God fearing governance that is based on integrity and dignity.
7. We endorse your leadership character of humility, selflessness, tenacity of purpose, passion for service, equity and fairness in governance, love for the unity of our country, as inestimable virtues and amiable track-records that have distinguished you as an adorable world-class leader of magnificent accomplishments.
8. We thank immensely the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, for his abiding faith in the democratic tenets and his love for the good people of Ebonyi State. We are deeply indebted to the wife of the Governor, Her Excellency, Chief (Mrs.) Rachel Ogonna Umahi (Ogoo nwanyi), the Deputy Governor, His Excellency Barr. Eric Kelechi Igwe PhD,
the Speaker of Ebonyi State House of Assembly, Rt Hon. Francis Ogbonna Nwifuru, the State Chief Judge, His Lordship, Hon. Justice Elvis Anagu Ngene, the State All Progressives Congress (APC) Caretaker Chairman, Chief Stanley Okoro Emegha, the National Assembly members and the State House of Assembly members, the Executive Council members, other present and former government functionaries, especially His Excellency, Deacon Austin Umahi (Anyanwu Ndigbo), Founding Fathers and Elders Council for their unwavering support to the Divine Mandate Administration of Governor Umahi.
9. We wish all of you God’s blessings and protection as you move forward in achieving a more stable and acceptable democratic progress.
Once again, Congratulations!.
*Hon. Barr Orji Uchenna Orji*
(Commissioner for Information and State Orientation)