The member representing Etinan/Nsit Ibom/Nsit Ubium Federal Constituency, in the Federal House of Representatives and the former speaker Akwa ibom state House of Assembly Rt Hon Onofiok Luke has rejected the choice of Pastor Umo Basset Eno as the next Governor of Akwa ibom state, Pastor Umo Basset Eno was presented to all the Governorship aspirants in the state by Gov Udom Emmanuel as his Successor, an act that didn’t go well with Rt Hon Onofiok Luke who is from the same federal Constituency and same local Government with the Governor’s preferred candidate.
According to our source in Akwa Ibom state the choice of Pastor Umo Basset Eno didn’t go well with both the Aspirants and the stakeholders.
See what Rt Hon Onofiok Luke write in his Facebook handle.
We Are Still On Course
1. Out of respect and as aloyal party man, I honored an innocent invitation from the Governor for a meeting this evening at the lodge;
2. At the meeting my brother from my local government and Federal Constituency, Pst Umo Eno was presented as the choice of the Governor for succession;
3. It was at the said meeting that I heard of the agenda and choice for the first time and no one held any discussion with me prior to the meeting;
4. I am not against the choice of the Governor coming from my local government, Federal Constituency nor the aspiration of my brother;
5.However, as a fellow aspirant from the same local government at the same advantage when successful, my aspiration to serve the state in the capacity of the Governor remains on course;
6. This statement would not have been necessary but not for the misrepresentation in media which may create a negative impression about my person and the reputation God has helped me to build these number of years in public service;
7. My supporters and those sympathetic to my cause should please note that we are as resolute as ever in our desire to give our people purposeful leadership in the office of the Governor come 2023.
God’s Amazing Grace has always seen us through and will always see us through.
Onofiok Akpan Luke