……. Direct relevant Government agencies and security agencies to provide hospitality and security.
The Abia State Government has been severally informed by numerous well meaning patriotic Abians of the fraudulent attempt by some cunning and crafty political lilliputs to make merchandise of the Presidential Campaign rally of His Excellency, Dr Peter Obi scheduled to hold in Aba today, Thursday, November 10, 2022.
To put the records straight for the sake of law abiding citizens and to ensure that the prevailing atmosphere of peace painstakingly enthroned by the Rebuilder of Abia State, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu is not derailed by paper weight political mosquitoes, Government hereby states as follows:
- That the Abia State Government is not interested in disrupting the campaign of His Excellency, Mr Peter Obi or any Presidential Candidate of any political party for that matter. This is consistent with the age long disposition and uncommon tolerant temperament of our quintessential, democratic and widely acclaimed peace loving Leader, Governor Okezie Victor Ikpeazu .
- That the venue of the Proppsed Rally, Ngwa High School, Aba is one of the Government Schools recently released to some Religious Institutions and other Groups on probational basis as contained in the Executive Council Resolution authorising the exercise. Thus, the control, use, and or misuse of such privilege by any of the beneficiaries will determine Government decision as it affects such Institutions.
Therefore, those ignorant political pretenders purporting that Ngwa High School is an independent, self governing island within the Abia State territory are only hallucinating.
Their purported approval from their misguided moles will only lead them to oblivion as there can never exist two Governments within the elected authority in Abia State.
3.That all Schools in Abia operate a uniform calendar as per resumption, mid term breaks and conclusion of terms as approved and supervised by the Ministry of Education, Abia State. Willful alteration of such calendar to pander to vested political interests by any Institution within the State will be met with commensurate sanctions.
- That management of Ngwa High School or any other public Institution entrusted by Government with the solemn responsibility of protecting the overall interest of Abia Children cannot recklessly purport to unilaterally discharge that responsibility without first obtaining the written approval of government through the relevant supervising Ministry in accordance with extant laws.
- Regrettably, a certain dimunitive, perennial Governorship Candidate whose questionable antecedents in mismanagement of public institutions is common knowledge in Abia State is latching in on the genuine aspiration of Mr Peter Obi to instigate unrest and garner undeserved attention. This desperate individual together with his bitter gang of political drop outs knowing that they lack integrity, reputation and capacity are creating an erroneous impression that the goodwill enjoyed by Mr Peter Obi and other Presidential Candidates from the Government and people of Abia State can be used as a smokescreen to cover their notoriety and lack of acceptable.
- In view of the foregoing and in deference to His Excellency, Mr Peter Obi, Government hereby announce that the relevant agencies involved in the implementation of Government Directives should accord our visitor, Mr Obi and his entourage our traditional hospitality and protection during their rally today.
- At the appropriate time and in accordance with the law, Government will deal decisively with all violations of extant laws and regulations through appropriate channels.
- As for the worn out antics of the emissaries of confusion masquerading as politicians, our message is simple: The people oriented administration of Governor Okezie Victor Ikpeazu will always take the higher ground. We shall not be provoked. We shall not be stampeded. We have a duty of utmost good faith. We will continue to lead from the front.
Barr Eze Chikamnayo
Honourable Commissioner for Information and Strategy Abia State